Dr. Sherry Henig is available to speak to groups concerning issues of parenting, dating and relationships. The following list includes some of the presentations that are available. Don’t hesitate to discuss with Dr. Henig the possibility of a presentation on another topic if your group has a particular interest in mind that is not covered by one of the presentations listed below.
Discipline Without Screaming
- Why screaming develops and how to refrain from doing it
- The advantages of proactive parenting over reactive parenting
- The principles of effective proactive parenting
- Using proactive parenting programs to achieve cooperation from your children
The First Date
- Different types of first dates
- Managing safety issues associated with blind dates
- What to do on a first date
- What to look for in a first date
- Handling the ending of a first date
- What to do after the first date
Is Love Enough?
- Factors that contribute to the feeling of love
- Compatibility issues that are important
- Issues pertaining to sexual compatibility
- Issues pertaining to financial compatibility
Putting Resistant and Fearful Children to Bed at Night
- Differences between resistance and fearfulness
- Strategies to reduce bedtime fears
- Strategies associated with successful bedtime management
- Issues associated with middle of the night wakings
Whether or Not to End a Relationship
- Things to consider when deciding whether to continue or end a relationship
- The ingredients of a good relationship
- The ingredients of a good break-up
- How to deal with children if children are involved
- Post-relationship concerns and how to deal with them
The following are some of the presentations that Dr. Sherry Henig has given
- "Psychological Disorders, Diagnoses and Issues Associated with Professional Organizing:" Delivered to the Professional Organizers of Long Island, Plainview, N.Y., June 20, 2011.
- "Sex Therapy": Delivered to the gynecologists affiliated with the Queens Long Island Medical Group, East Norwich, N.Y., June 18, 2009.
- "Discipline Without Screaming": Delivered to the Nassau County Mothers of Twins Club, Hicksville, N.Y., September 16, 2008.
- "Sex Therapy Issues in Psychotherapy": Delivered to graduate students in psychology at Pace University, New York, New York, October 22, 2007.
- "Is Love Enough?": Delivered to The Singles Center's "Wednesday Nite Rap" at the Samuel Field Y Jewish Community Center, Little Neck, New York, May 2, 2007.
- "The First Date." Delivered to The Singles Center's "Wednesday Nite Rap" at the Samuel Field Y Jewish Community Center, Little Neck, New York, February 7, 2007.
- "Single on Long Island and Queens": Delivered to The Singles Center's "Wednesday Nite Rap" at the Samuel Field Y Jewish Community Center, Little Neck, New York, August 2, 2006
- "Single on Long Island": Delivered to the Bereavement Group at the Suffolk Y Jewish Community Center, Commack, New York, March 14, 2006.
- “The Use of Proactive Parenting with Oppositional Disorder”: Delivered to the Tobay Day School, Syosset, New York, February, 2004.
- “Proactive Parenting”: Delivered to the Oceanside SEPTA (Special Education PTA), Oceanside, New York, February, 2003.
- “Proactive Parenting”: Delivered to the Nassau County Chapter of CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder), Bellmore, New York, Spring 2002.
- “Whether or Not to Stay Married: Lecture on Divorce-Related Issues”: Delivered at the Nassau-Suffolk Mental Health Service of HIP, Woodbury, New York, January, 2000.
- “Discipline Without Screaming”: Delivered to the Levittown Council of PTAs, October 8, 1998.
- “Children’s Temperament”: Delivered to the Mini Conference of Nassau County Cooperative Nursery Schools, November 15, 1994.
- “Women and Stress in the 90s”: Delivered to the Sisterhood of the Farmingdale Jewish Center, Farmingdale, New York, November 14, 1991.
- “Women and Stress in the 90s.”: Delivered to the Midway Sisterhood of the Midway Jewish Center, Hicksville, New York, April 28, 1991.
- “Issues of Separation”: Delivered to the Westbury Mother’s Center, March 30, 1989, and The Center for Parents and Children, January 17, 1989.
- “Substance Abuse: Risk Factors in Preadolescence”: Delivered to Sunquam Elementary School PTA, October 26, 1988 and the Single Parent Action Network, December 14, 1988.
- “Romantic Love and Idealization”: Paper presentation. Delivered to the Forum on Research Education and Program Evaluation, St. Elizabeths Hospital, Washington, D.C., October 12, 1976.
To book Dr. Henig for a speaking engagement, please call (516) 933-9758